Miamisburg Preventative Dentistry
At Miamisburg Family Dental, Dr. Almoney & Dr. Brown take a preventive approach to dentistry. Dental health is intrinsically tied to your overall health, happiness, and well-being, and that’s why we focus on preventive care above all else. When you trust us to take care of your mouth with regular cleanings and oral exams, we help you avoid common issues like tooth decay and gingivitis, and keep your mouth happy and healthy.
Understanding Preventive Care
Preventive care focuses on identifying and halting major dental issues before they can become a serious problem. Primarily, this is achieved through regular 6-month check-ups, when our doctors check your mouth for common oral health issues and treat them before they become severe or require invasive dental treatment.
Common Preventive Dental Treatments
At Miamisburg Family Dental, we offer a number of preventive treatments designed to preserve your oral health, such as:
- Teeth cleanings and oral exams – Routine teeth cleanings and oral exams are the foundation for all preventive dentistry. By cleaning your teeth and examining them, we can identify any troublesome issues before they become severe.
- X-rays – X-rays allow for a deeper look into your oral health, allowing us to identify potential issues like very small cavities and infected teeth, and ensure you get the proper treatment.
- Deep cleaning (scaling & root planing) – Scaling and root planing involves the use of dental tools like scalers to remove plaque and tartar from the roots of your teeth, reversing early-stage gingivitis and gum disease.
- Fluoride treatments – Fluoride can help remineralize teeth that have been damaged slightly by tooth decay, eliminating the need for a filling, crown, or another more invasive treatment.
- Dental sealants – Dental sealants consist of a thin layer of specialized plastic material, which is placed on the rear teeth, where cavities are the most likely to form. Sealants help prevent cavities, and are most commonly used in children and teenagers.
- Oral cancer screenings – Oral cancer is often difficult to detect on your own, until it’s too late. We perform yearly oral cancer screenings, and 6-month screenings for patients with a higher risk of developing oral cancer, such as people who smoke or use other forms of tobacco.
Begin Your Preventive Care Plan Today!
If you’re in the Miamisburg area and you’re in need of a new general dentist, we provide quality dentistry for the entire family, and our focus on preventive care helps you reduce unnecessary dental costs, and protect your smile. Ready to get started? Contact us now at (937) 866-5501, or stop by our office at 306 E Linden Ave, Miamisburg, OH 45342.