Miamisburg Root Canal Therapy | Miamisburg Family Dental
Root Canal Therapy in Miamisburg
Root canal therapy is the most common endodontic procedure with over 15 million being performed each year. If you have an infected tooth or a toothache, a root canal is the solution for you. And at Miamisburg Family Dental, the entire process is fast and pain-free, so you can feel comfortable getting the treatment you need.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy is used to remove infected dentin, pulp, and other materials from the inside of an infected tooth. Usually, tooth infections are caused by tooth decay. However, they can also occur after a tooth has been cracked or severely chipped, and the internal pulp is exposed to bacteria in the mouth.
A root canal is quite similar to a filling. First, Dr. Brown or Dr. Almoney will begin by cleaning your tooth. The decayed tooth enamel is removed, and a tiny opening is made in the enamel.
Our doctors use special tools to remove all infected material from the interior of the tooth. After this, the inside of the tooth is cleaned, and treated with a disinfectant and antibiotic. A rubber substance called gutta percha is used to replace the missing pulp, and provide strength and structure to the tooth.
The tooth is then sealed with a filling and possibly a temporary crown. You’ll receive a permanent crown at your next appointment.
How Do I Know If I Need A Root Canal?
Root canals are required for infected teeth. Here are some of the most common symptoms that indicate you may require root canal therapy:
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Grayish or discolored tooth
- Inflammation around the gumline
- Difficulty chewing or biting without pain
- Radiating jaw pain
- Swelling of face and cheek
If you recognize one or more of the above symptoms, you should schedule a root canal in Miamisburg as soon as possible.
What Are The Benefits Of Root Canal Therapy?
- Relieves pain – Toothaches can be incredibly painful, and prevent you from living your best life. A root canal removes the source of this pain.
- Saves the original tooth – An infected tooth, if left untreated, will rot, loosen, and fall out. Root canals save a large portion of the original tooth, which is always best.
- Cost-effective – A root canal is far less expensive than treatment options for replacing missing teeth. That’s why you should address your tooth pain now, while there is still time to correct it and keep your natural tooth.
Visit Miamisburg Family Dental For A Consultation Now!
If you think you may need a root canal, don’t wait. The sooner you get treatment from Dr. William Almoney or Dr. Gerald Brown at Miamisburg Family Dental, the sooner you can get relief from pain and discomfort.
Contact us today at (937) 866-5501 to schedule a consultation or drop by our office at 306 E Linden Ave, Miamisburg, OH 45342. We hope to see you soon!